It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.
-- Sir Edmund Hillary
The joyful news that He is risen does not change the contemporary world. Still before us lie work, discipline, sacrifice. But the fact of Easter gives us the spiritual power to do the work, accept the discipline, and make the sacrifice.
And he departed from our sight that we might return to our heart, and there find Him. For He departed, and behold, He is here.
1) After the sabbath, as the first day of the week was dawning, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to see the tomb.
2) And behold, there was a great earthquake; for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven, approached, rolled back the stone, and sat upon it.
3) His appearance was like lightning and his clothing was white as snow.
4) The guards were shaken with fear of him and became like dead men.
5) Then the angel said to the women in reply, "Do not be afraid! I know that you are seeking Jesus the crucified.
6) He is not here, for he has been raised just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay.
7) Then go quickly and tell his disciples, 'He has been raised from the dead, and he is going before you to Galilee; there you will see him.' Behold I have told you.
8) Then they went away quickly from the tomb, fearful yet overjoyed, and ran to announce this to his disciples.
9) And behold, Jesus met them on their way and greeted them. They approached, embraced his feet, and did him homage.
10) Then Jesus said to them, "Do not be afraid. Go tell my brothers to go to Galilee, and there they will see me."
(30) But God raised him from the dead, (31) and for many days he appeared to those who had come up with him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are now his witnesses to the people.
(32) And we bring you the good news that what God promised to the fathers, (33) this he has fulfilled to us their children by raising Jesus, as also it is written in the second Psalm, aEURoeaEUR~You are my Son, today I have begotten you.aEUR(TM)(34) And as for the fact that he raised him from the dead, no more to return to corruption, he has spoken in this way, aEURoeaEUR~I will give you the holy and sure blessings of David.aEUR(TM) (35) Therefore he says also in another psalm, aEURoeaEUR~You will not let your Holy One see corruption.aEUR(TM)
Easter tells us that life is to be interpreted not simply in terms of things but in terms of ideals.
For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but might have eternal life.